Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Today was an adventure....... we were heading to Maylie's preschool and got lost. I don't know if any of you have been on the 495 Beltway here but its's a huge circle. There are all these other intersections that go off the 495 Beltway and I just happen to pick the wrong one that put us in no mans land (meaning I didn't know where we were). I prayed and prayed that we would find our way. Just when I was about to give up we found the right street that lead us to the right area. It only took an hour to get to preschool but we made it. When I got home from dropping Maylie off it was about time to go and get her. I had just enough time to feed Taryn and grab myself a sandwich then we were off again. The traffice here is horrible and plus there are too many trees in the way. I can't see were I am going. I need to be able to see everything. I got used to Utah. I will adjust someday but for now I will just drive with half blind folded. (figure of speech)

6 comments:

Angie said...

I am always getting lost too! It's great when I have Ben around, though- he is a walking GPS.

April said...

I can't imagine trying to get around over there. You need to get a GPS!!!

The Gibson's said...

Oh I hate getting lost. I got your phone call the other day. I will call you back this weekend. I would love to talk to you. I don't have long distance and I have to wait for the weekend to use minutes cause I am on my mom and dads plan suck but it works

"The Savages" said...

I've been to DC & agree....but what an amazing city it is nonetheless. It'll probably get easier with time!

Julia said...

You've been "lost" your whole life...hee hee.

Love your face.

Lisa said...

I completely understand! When we lived in Connecticut I was lost all the time. You had to get on the interstate to go anywhere. It looped in all kinds of directions and I always got lost. Mapquest became my best friend out there. I even had to use it to find houses in our ward. I am glad that I am back with mountains so I know where East is.